September 16, 2019
Lectora Inspire 18.2 (11777)
Lectora Publisher 18.2 (11776)
NOTE: Lectora 18.2 will no longer support Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.
If you are not ready to upgrade, you can turn off Auto Update notifications in your Lectora Preferences. If you need to revert to an earlier version of Lectora 18, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lectora 18.2 includes a number of media enhancements:
- Closed Captions for Text to Speech: Lectora will automatically generate a closed caption file with the resulting mp3 audio file.
- Updated Media Player: Toggle closed captions on or off with the CC button on the controller.
- Set Time action: Jump to a specific time in an audio or video file by triggering this action.
- Support for high-quality streaming of media content in HTML5 (via HLS and M(PEG)-DASH over HTTP) in order to remove the dependency on Adobe Flash
- Lectora was updated to use the Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 libraries to ensure ongoing security support.
- jQuery was updated to v3.4.1 to remediate security vulnerabilities in the previous version, resulting in discontinued support of Internet Explorer 8 in this release.
LD-6924: MediaElement.js has been updated to resolve any dependency on Flash for media streaming services.
LD-6927: Images were not displaying when published with scaling on.
LD-6953: Resource Manager no longer enables media conversion for m4v and f4v video.
LD-6891: SCORM titles with “Disable browser resize of published content” and “Scale content to fill window” no longer launch as a white page.
LD-6920: Autostart resolved for Firefox, Safari, and Chrome when media is present on the first page of the course.
LD-6856: Format Painter incorrectly enabled for the QR Code object.